top of page

Letting Your Property

Home / Landlords / Letting Your Property

Information on Lettings for Landlords

If you are thinking of renting your accommodation and would like further information, please contact us to arrange your free advice session to discuss your requirements and rental potential.

You'll need to check with your mortgage lender whether they will allow you to let out your property on the specified scheme we offer. If they refuse (some banks do not permit property letting or buy-to-let mortgages) you can contact other lenders who will remortgage the property that you wish to let. We will be able to help and advise you on this.

You must inform your brokers that you are letting your property - failure to do so may invalidate any claim that you may make. There are specialist companies that deal with this type of insurance, you can get more details on that by clicking here.

Safety Checks
Electrical: You should hold a current and valid 'Electrical Periodic inspection Report' and have these undertaken as per the frequency dictated on the report, this can be anything up to 10 years depending upon the age and condition of the property/installation.

Gas: If you have gas in the property, you must have a yearly GAS SAFE registered engineer visit the property and issue a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate, known as a CP12.

Energy Performance Certificate: EPCs measure the energy efficiency of the property; the more efficient, the more attractive the property will be to prospective tenants. These usually last for 10 years and are required when renting your property.

HM Revenue & Customs
You'll need to inform HM Revenue & Customs that you renting your property and the income generated form the rental. A summary of Landlord Responsibilities include:


  • Safety of Gas appliances supplied at the property

  • Repairs and Maintenance of the exterior and structure of the property

  • Plumbing, heating and hot water systems

  • Any electrical appliance supplied at the property

  • The safety of any furnishings that may be provided (in line with furniture/fire regulations 1988)

  • Insuring the property

  • Cost of repairs that may occur, see Lease Agreement for full details

bottom of page